Here is another Dragon I made. I made it for a Crafter..oo competition and got inspired by Umi-cha in DeviantART.
I finished it quite a few days ago now but have been struggling to get a decent enough picture. This is one from the last session and I say it has to do!
The pattern I just made up on the go, except the wings which I got from a book. This should be the English version of it. Making a curvy shape is trickier than it might appear but I think I managed to pull it off.
As I mentioned, my initial “March” didn’t actually work as I would have liked so I made another one next to it.
Here is the pin for the failed attempt.
And an image too:
He looks kind of creepy doesn’t he!?
And the pin for the second attempt.
Plus the image:
Yes, you have already seen her. I just forgot to mention she had a pin too to inspire me – I have long wanted to make something traditional (thus the goldfish too as the matter of fact).
This is not a typo. I have just been a lazy blogger lately. As the matter of fact I actually thought I missed February thinking on the Crafter..oo! Pinterest Challenge but then I remembered I made a Tunisian crochet cowl that I gifted away before taking any pictures. Only recently I discovered I had actually made another one which was really beside me all that time. It is a no-sew bag made of an old t-shirt.
Here is my pin that holds 20 different things you can make from t-shirts. I tried to link to the tutorial too but the page seems to be down. This is how mine looks like.
All you have to do is cut off the sleeves and widen the neck hole. From the off-cut pieces cut a string and line it into the bottom tunnel (sure there is a proper term for that in English too). If you use only one string there will be a hole in the middle but if you separate it into 3-4 sections it will be pretty tight, I used four.
I made the bag from an old Tallinn Student Days t-shirt that was from my very first one of them and it really gave the kick for the whole student-life of mine. As the result I really got myself into volunteering in many organizing groups and I got the best experiences in event preparations which most of them really outweighed the stuff I was taught in the lectures.
One thing I could have done is that I should have cut the handles smaller. It can now fit on my shoulder but the bag part is rather shallow. It feels nice and soft though, fits a towel nicely so I think it would make a nice beach bag.
Definitely not amigurumi but I made these in a challenge mode. My deed for January. If all goes well I might be able to do something else too. If anyone happens to be curious on how I made these (really simple) I think I’m still able to write down the pattern but it varies depending on the mug’s shape and size. These are both 0.5 litres.
I made some pictures of my latest amigurumi too. They will have to wait for the next post(s).